Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Founders Frangelic Mountain Brown

Founders is definitely one of my favorite breweries of all time.  Breakfast Stout, Centennial IPA, Founders Porter, Double Trouble, and KBS are some  of my favorites, although I really haven't come across a Founders brew that I haven't really enjoyed.

Founders has a special Backstage Series of special beers that are usually pretty difficult to obtain.  Recent releases include Curmudgeon's Better Half, Blushing Monk, and Canadian Breakfast Stout.  These beers can be tough to find if you aren't aware of release dates.  I missed out on Blushing Monk and CBS, but was able to score a few bottles of the Better Half.

The next release in the Backstage Series is Frangelic Mountain Brown.  Slated for release on July 2.  Sounds like a brown ale that's brewed with hazelnut coffee and will come in at about 9% ABV.  If you know anything about Founders, you know they do incredible things with coffee brews.  Read more about the release here and call your bottle shop to make sure you don't miss out on what sounds like an awesome release!  I just called my store and am first on the list for this one.....

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment