Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Beer Daddy's Blog

Welcome to my craft beer blog!  I will be using this blog as a means to write about and evaluate my adventures in the craft beer world.  Here is a little bit of information about who I am and why I decided to start this blog.
My son, Nolan


First and foremost I am a family man.  I have a wife, Jen, a son, Nolan, and we will soon have another little one in about 4 more weeks.  Family is everything to me.  I am quite close to my mother, father, and two sisters.  My sisters will likely be referenced quite a bit in this beer blog.....more on that later.

My family....Jen, Nolan, and me!
I have several passions in life.  Some would say these are just particular hobbies.  My personality, however, is that when I get interested in something, I tend to go "all-out" with it.  Some of these hobbies include sports, cooking, bbq'ing, photography, Dave Matthews Band, and of course.....BEER!

Not just any beer.  Craft beer.  From the day I took my first sip of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale back in the late 1990's, I knew I wanted more from my beer than just the mundane fizzy yellow stuff that we all drank in our college days.  I want complexity and depth of flavor in the beers I enjoy.  I am a hop-head through and through, but also appreciate many other styles of beer.  This beer blog will be a way for me to document and keep track of what and where I drink.  From time to time I may also have guest contributors to this blog.  After all, what fun is drinking by yourself?  It's fun to have friends join in for the occasional brew session and I do have many friends with whom I intend to share this blog.

So thanks for checking in, follow this blog if you like.  I hope you find it informative and entertaining!!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment